Below are overviews of the types of insurance coverages that ITMA may be able offer. The overviews are informational only, to give a prospective applicants an introduction to available coverages, and not part of any policy that ITMA may offer. In every instance, a policy’s coverage will be subject to its terms, conditions, exclusions, extensions, and endorsements.

Trucking General Liability: Provides liability insurance coverage for injuries to others or damage to others’ property. Typically, available coverages include bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal injury, advertising injury, medical payments, products and completed operations, and damage to premises rented to you. Coverage is available for the trucking classification exposure code exclusively.

Trailer Interchange: Provides coverage for your legal liability for damage to the trailers of others in your possession under a trailer interchange agreement and that are attached to your tractors. Examples include coverage for trailers from collisions, fire, theft, vandalism, and most other physical damage

Auto Physical Damage: Also known as “collision coverage,” provides coverage that pays to fix or replace your damaged tractors and trailers. Perils may include, fire, theft, and upset or overturn of your commercial motor vehicles. Coverage is available for scheduled tractor-trailers schedules and for straight truck/box truck operations. (More Info)

Motor Truck Cargo Legal Liability: Provides coverage to a motor carrier for its legal liability for the loss of or damage to cargo under a bill of lading or contract of transportation. Such coverage is available for dry van cargo carriers, refrigerated foods carriers, flatbed commodities, intermodal/drayage containerized freight and domestic relocation operations. Available coverage extensions include contingent transit for property brokers. (More Info)

Non-Trucking Liability: Provides coverage for risks of using a business truck for personal reasons. Coverage is available for vehicles with GVW 20,000 pounds or greater and while under a long-term lease, i.e., greater than 30 days, to a commercial motor carrier with valid commercial automobile liability coverage and an active BMC-91X filing.